Giving up coffee or sugar? Have a creamy Yerba Mate Latte. Skipping chocolate? Try a Treehugger!
Lots of our customers have been telling us about what they’re giving up for Lent. Frankly, many of you look a little lost without your morning coffee or afternoon cookie. The good news? We have lots of ideas for replacing whatever you’ve given up with another option to make your Lenten sacrifice just a little less grim.
- A Vanilla Steamer is warm and comforting, like a hot cocoa with vanilla instead of chocolate.
- Berry Tea with Lemonade is cold and refreshing, a healthy and caffeine-free alternative to soda.
- We have three hot, caffeine-free teas: Peppermint, Chamomile and Pomi-Berry Tea.
- Miss your Latte? Have a Tea Misto. It’s like a Latte, but made with tea instead of espresso. We can turn any of our caffeine-free teas into a Misto.
- Substitute Almond or Soy Milk for dairy milk (Almond Milk is especially great in mochas, since the slight nut flavor complements the chocolate).
- Try a tea! We have lots of fantastic, Two Leaves and a Bud hot teas (several varieties of black, green and caffeine-free teas) and cold teas in black, green and berry flavors.
- Skip the cream in your coffee — Primavera Coffee has such wonderful flavor that, after you give your palate a few days to adjust, you won’t even miss the cream. (No, really!) And don’t forget about iced coffee; it has a light, tasty flavor.
- Missing your Chai Latte, but can’t have it because of the sugar? We have two great solutions: Order a Chai Tea Misto instead, and you’ll get the flavor of a chai latte without the sugar. Or try our super-popular Yerba Mate Latte — we can make it with sugar-free vanilla to support your sugar-free resolution.
- Want a breakfast treat that doesn’t have cane sugar? Our Best-Ever Bran Muffin is sweetened with molasses instead of white sugar. Plus, it’s healthy and delicious!
- Ever tried honey in your coffee? It’s surprisingly tasty, especially in espresso drinks (like Americanos and Lattes), where it sets off the caramelly flavor of espresso.
- Swap your afternoon cookie with a cup of Trail Mix or Granola. They’re slightly sweet, so they’ll satisfy your craving, but they’re a much more substantial snack.
- We bake muffins and scones fresh every morning, and we usually have a few left in the afternoon.
- Yerba Mate Latte is a fantastic, healthy alternative to coffee. It has caffeine, so you won’t get withdrawal headaches, and it’s packed with healthy antioxidants. Plus, it’s delicious!
- Assam Tea (English Breakfast) has the most caffeine of any of our teas.
- Love your Mocha? Try a Vanilla Latte — it’s creamy and sweet without the chocolate.
- Swap your Breakup Cookie (Chocolate Chip) for a chocolate-free Peanut Buddy — these peanut butter cookies have quite the dedicated following.
- Try a Treehugger. Our homemade granola bars are sweet and filling. You’ll hardly miss the chocolate! (Okay, you’ll probably miss the chocolate. But you’ll love this, too.)